Our culture focuses heavily on the individual, but the experience of faith for those who were with Jesus was very much a communal experience. As the body of Christ, we are called to emphasize the common good as a higher priority than our personal good. As a sponsor of a child at Bright Hope, you are participating in that function of the body of Christ and through your generosity the community of Bright Hope is being cared for. Throughout the next several blog posts we will be sharing some of the individual stories of those who make up this special community! Enjoy them, pray for them, and see if you can glimpse the imprint of Jesus on their lives.
- Grade P6 (Equivalent to 6th grade in the U.S.)
- 13 years old
- He has 1 twin brother
- Has been at Bright Hope for 3 years
- He is from the town of Kibanda in the Rakai district
- His favorite subjects are English and math
- His favorite sport is futbol (soccer)
- The favorite things in his suitcase are his pens and books.*
- He wants to be a doctor when he grows up
*The children at Bright Hope are each given a small chest to keep their personal belongings in. Most arrive with nothing but are given some basics. A few have a token reminder of family. Photographs are rare.