Our culture focuses heavily on the individual, but the experience of faith for those who were with Jesus was very much a communal experience. As the body of Christ, we are called to emphasize the common good as a higher priority than our personal good. As a sponsor of a child at Bright Hope, you are participating in that function of the body of Christ and through your generosity the community of Bright Hope is being cared for. Throughout the next several blog posts we will be sharing some of the individual stories of those who make up this special community! Enjoy them, pray for them, and see if you can glimpse the imprint of Jesus on their lives.
- Grade P7
- 14 years old
- His has attended Bright Hope for 9 years
- His family lives in the town of Bulanga in Rakai district.
- He has 1 brother and 2 sisters. He is the oldest child.
- His father is a teacher
- His mother works in retail. She sells women’s clothing.
- The favorite things in his suitcase are his pens and books.*
- His favorite sport is futbol (soccer). He likes being the goal keeper.
- He wants to attend Secondary school (middle school/ high school) at Sacred Heart.
- He wants to be an electrical engineer when he grows up.
The children at Bright Hope are each given a small chest to keep their personal belongings in. Most arrive with nothing but are given some basics. A few have a token reminder of family. Photographs are rare